One of my favorite root vegetables is carrot. I love carrot in my soups, drinks (carrot juice), so it’s no surprise that I quiet love carrot cake as carrot cake is a healthy cake. My contributor my sister is here to share and teach me her Carrot Cake recipe topped with a Dark Chocolate Cream. There's another version people tend to mix the cake batter with a crushed pineapple, raisins and roughly chopped walnut while top it with rich and decadent maple cream cheese frosting. Just the name alone is mouthwatering enough. Check it out!
3 medium sized carrots
3/4 cup vegetable oil / olive oil
2 cups self raising flour (sieved)
1 cup sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate powder
1/4 cup milk
Step by Step
1) Preheat the oven at 350 C. Peel the carrots. Add the carrots, eggs and oil in a blender and blend it for at least 5 minutes.
2) In a bowl, mix flour, and sugar. Pour the carrot-egg-oil puree into the mixture of the flour.
3) Mix everything well.
4) Grease a 8 inch baking dish with butter / shortening. Place in it and bake for 45 minutes at 350 C.
5) The cake is done when a skewer or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
6) For the frosting, just mix sugar, chocolate powder, milk and butter in a saucepan and mix it well. When it comes to a boil, wait 1 minute and then heat off. Poured them on the cake whilst still warm.
Nak lagi sedap, chilling in a fridge. No need to use baking powder if you use self raising flour. Baking powder only need if use regular flour.
Sepatutnya topping hanya tuang di bahagian atas, since banyak pula lebih coklat, so sapu sajalah semua permukaan kek. Bila lama lama makan kek lobak ini, rasa macam makan kek coklat lembap. Rasanya lagi sedap kalau kombinasi kek lobak dengan krim keju kan. Meltingnya.
Thanks for Read. Selamat Mencuba